From: Samuel Bernardo <samuelbernardo.mail@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [PR] ivy, mvn, sbt, gradle builders improvement for ebuild development
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2020 19:41:22
1 On 2020-04-19 16:37, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 > On 4/19/20 10:55 AM, Samuel Bernardo wrote:
3 >> Taking into account the network sandbox requirement, sbt.eclass needs to
4 >> download all dependencies with some approach like EGO_SUM implementation
5 >> in go-module.eclass[1].
6 >>
7 > EGO_SUM is not a legitimate approach to packaging. You have to create
8 > packages for each package. I know, it sounds crazy when you say it.
9 >
10 I understand what you mean, but deem this dependencies as internal
11 project dependencies where those libraries doesn't worth the effort to
12 package them all. I mean, most of these projects have an immutable
13 deployment approach that are not feasable to be packaged. The problem
14 starts from upstream...
15
16 Maybe that's the reason why docker is so popular in this cases... But to
17 install the base development tools and services I prefer to have ebuilds
18 rather than dockers.