From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Paludis and Profiles
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 17:27:03
1 On Tue, 16 May 2006 19:06:24 +0200 "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò"
2 <flameeyes@g.o> wrote:
3 | ++ for Halcy0n, and adding from an ebuild maintainer some more, many
4 | parts of the current tree are at a minimum understaffed, if we're
5 | going to have to start dealing with bugs coming from users
6 | experimenting with something else but portage, we'd be _really_ taken
7 | over.
8
9 That's rather funny, when one considers the whole BSD profile structure
10 and the zillions of ebuild changes that've been made for BSD.
11
12 Be realistic here. The changes for Paludis are tiny compared to the
13 changes that have been required for various Portage upgrades.
16 Ciaran McCreesh
17 Mail : ciaran dot mccreesh at blueyonder.co.uk
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list