From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Paludis and Profiles
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 17:18:22
1 On Tuesday 16 May 2006 18:55, Mark Loeser wrote:
2 > No offense to either project.  If one of them one day replaces Portage,
3 > it will have my complete support, but until then, we should focus on
4 > keeping changes in the tree to a minimum for other package managers.
5 ++ for Halcy0n, and adding from an ebuild maintainer some more, many parts of
6 the current tree are at a minimum understaffed, if we're going to have to
7 start dealing with bugs coming from users experimenting with something else
8 but portage, we'd be _really_ taken over.
11 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/
12 Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE