From: "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.everitt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] New eclass: mate
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 05:17:47
1 On 11/04/16 06:09, NP-Hardass wrote:
2 > Greetings all,
3 >
4 > As all potential new eclasses are supposed to be discussed here, I
5 > thought I'd file a message and see if anyone had anything to
6 > contribute on the matter.
7 >
8 > I'm in the midst of a major version bump for the entirety of the MATE
9 > desktop environment, consisting of 40-50 packages. There is a huge
10 > amount of repetition in my ebuilds, and a lot of things are formulaic
11 > (SRC_URI, HOMEPAGE, EGIT_REPO_URI, inherits, src_prepare, etc). As
12 > such, I think that moving all of that to an eclass would greatly
13 > simplify my life and my ebuilds, so I thought I'd look into creating
14 > an eclass.
15 >
16 > Any opinions either way? Thanks in advance.
19 I say go for it .. post up any milestones for review, of course... :]