From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Some council topics for March meeting
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 17:55:24
1 Stephen Bennett wrote:
2 > On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 01:58:30 -0800 (PST)
3 > "Alec Warner" <antarus@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> So you are saying you cannot see Daniel's point of view at all? That
6 >> Gentoo should perhaps have input on a specification whose goal is to
7 >> essentially define what a Gentoo Package Manager should be?
8 >
9 > Gentoo, and any other parties, will have ample opportunity for input
10 > long before it gets finalised. Right now, though, soliciting comments
11 > from all and sundry will be more distracting than productive. We know
12 > it's currently incomplete and full of holes; we don't need to be told
13 > it.
14 >
15 lol! you talk like gentoo were just one of the crowd. Perhaps all gentoo
16 devs are in the peanut gallery? That explains a lot..
17
18 >> >> Really, I find this weird and ambiguous and you should probably be
19 >> >> reinstated as a dev or be bumped off of PMS, which should be
20 >> >> managed by Gentoo developers only.
21 >
22 > If you want to make such a distinction, then it's managed by me, and I
23 > am a Gentoo developer.
24 >
25 And if we didn't give a d*mn about such a distinction? IOW if you were
26 discussing this technically, instead of /politically/ *shock horror*..
27
28 >> Because it is difficult to determine 'people who know what they are
29 >> talking about'. I would say Brian Harring is one of those, but I
30 >> have a feeling you would disagree with me.
31 >
32 > The second requirement is an ability to work effectively with the other
33 > people writing it.
34
35 Hmm and he has shown such a marked inability to work with anyone. Whereas
36 ciaran.. well there you go. Obviously we can overlook the fact that he
37 appears to be leading a core Gentoo project when he has been kicked off the
38 development team, for reasons which are far too tedious to discuss again
39 this century.
43 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list