From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] AUTHORS file for portage repository
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 21:01:31
1 On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 3:42 PM Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > That git manages not to die every day based on what we throw at it is
4 > frankly a miracle of engineering.
5
6 Our repo is a linked list being constantly manipulated from the head
7 backed by a hashed object store for the contents. For that use case
8 it is probably the ideal data structure. Since our use case is
9 actually the typical use case, it isn't a surprise that this was the
10 design that was chosen... :)
11
12 Computers are pretty fast when you actually use the correct algorithm...
15 Rich