From: Christel Dahlskjaer <christel@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Summer of Code students and Planet Gentoo
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 12:50:46
1 On Sun, 2006-05-28 at 13:05 +0200, Henrik Brix Andersen wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > On Sat, May 27, 2006 at 11:17:41PM +0100, Daniel Drake wrote:
5 > > 1. We encourage our students to write about their projects on weblogs,
6 > > and will set them up temporary weblogs at gentoo-soc.com if they do not
7 > > have them already
8 > >
9 > > 2. We create a new planet at http://planet.gentoo.org/soc for the
10 > > duration of the summer, and aggregate their weblogs there.
11 > >
12 > > 3. Additionally, we add them to Planet Gentoo and Gentoo Universe for
13 > > the duration of the summer.
14 >
15 > What a great idea :)
16 >
17 > I think it's important to get these SoC-students well-integrated in
18 > our [developer] community. Having their gentoo-soc blogs aggregated on
19 > Gentoo Planet|Universe seems like a good starting point to me.
20 >
21 > Hopefully, some of these young and competent students will decide to
22 > stick with Gentoo if we can manage to make them feel welcome ;)
23
24 That is certainly what we are hoping for :)
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list