From: Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Summer of Code students and Planet Gentoo
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 11:10:08
1 Hi,
2
3 On Sat, May 27, 2006 at 11:17:41PM +0100, Daniel Drake wrote:
4 > 1. We encourage our students to write about their projects on weblogs,
5 > and will set them up temporary weblogs at gentoo-soc.com if they do not
6 > have them already
7 >
8 > 2. We create a new planet at http://planet.gentoo.org/soc for the
9 > duration of the summer, and aggregate their weblogs there.
10 >
11 > 3. Additionally, we add them to Planet Gentoo and Gentoo Universe for
12 > the duration of the summer.
13
14 What a great idea :)
15
16 I think it's important to get these SoC-students well-integrated in
17 our [developer] community. Having their gentoo-soc blogs aggregated on
18 Gentoo Planet|Universe seems like a good starting point to me.
19
20 Hopefully, some of these young and competent students will decide to
21 stick with Gentoo if we can manage to make them feel welcome ;)
22
23 Regards,
24 Brix
25 --
26 Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@g.o>
27 Gentoo Metadistribution | Mobile computing herd