From: Jakob Buchgraber <jakob.buchgraber@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo's problems
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 16:34:31
1 Hey!
2
3 >> You're avoiding my point. The improvements that are being made are, by
4 >> and large, insignificant. Portage doesn't need a few little tweaks now
5 >> and again. It has to start delivering a whole load of major new
6 >> features (there's no one killer feature), and quickly.
7
8 Why don't you join the portage team and try to persuade the current
9 portage devs and help to implement the "killer features"?
10 So instead of saying that portage is missing features and developing
11 your own pm you could be even more productive and help improving portage.
12 Why don't ya do that?
13
14 PS: I may also be completely wrong with my opinion as I joined the dev
15 mailinglist only a week ago or so.
16
17 Cheers,
18 Jay
21 Join Linuxfriendlyhardware.org project on irc.freenode.org#lfh (german)
22 Registered Linux User #373457
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list