From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo's problems
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 17:21:50
1 On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 17:30:36 +0100 Jakob Buchgraber
2 <jakob.buchgraber@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > >> You're avoiding my point. The improvements that are being made
4 > >> are, by and large, insignificant. Portage doesn't need a few
5 > >> little tweaks now and again. It has to start delivering a whole
6 > >> load of major new features (there's no one killer feature), and
7 > >> quickly.
8 >
9 > Why don't you join the portage team and try to persuade the current
10 > portage devs and help to implement the "killer features"?
11 > So instead of saying that portage is missing features and developing
12 > your own pm you could be even more productive and help improving
13 > portage. Why don't ya do that?
14
15 Because Portage is beyond repair. The code and design are so bad that
16 it's easier to start from scratch. Which, funnily enough, is what I
17 ended up doing.
21 Ciaran McCreesh
22 Mail : ciaranm at ciaranm.org
23 Web : http://ciaranm.org/