From: Markus Ullmann <jokey@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in sys-apps/iproute2: ChangeLog iproute2-2.6.24.20080108.ebuild
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 21:42:43
1 Mark Loeser schrieb:
2 > Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> said:
3 >> that's actually exactly what i'm encouraging. i'm not worried about such
4 >> issues as they're easily resolved by people posting the full build log.
5 >
6 > Which is great, but I think this is something we should discuss and
7 > figure out if this is something we want to introduce into the tree (too
8 > late now, but better late than never). If it is something we want to
9 > move forward with, it should be introduced at the package manager level
10 > instead of being an in-tree package manager specific feature.
11 >
12 > I'm coming at this from a QA perspective and if we want to do it for one
13 > package, it should be introduced for all. We should document it and
14 > know how to support it as well.
15
16 +1 on that,
17 quite a bunch of overlayed ebuilds won't be needed if additional patches
18 could be applied this way. we should just find a way to enable/disable
19 this and make it visible on support requests.
20
21 Greetz
22 -Jokey