From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for January
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 15:33:58
1 On Friday 06 January 2006 16:15, Duncan wrote:
2 > And I definitely wish you well in your G/FBSD efforts, but when I
3 > mentioned them on my local ISP's unix (*ix) group, the FBSD groupies
4 > reaction was "Yuck!"
5 Same for FreeBSD devs that tries to hinder us. But why? They think to be the
6 keeper of The Only Truth? Well the "bsd is dying" joke born for that reason.
7 Check on my blog if you want to know why I continue working on this and I
8 continue thinking it's a good way to _improve_ software. Might not have,
9 right now, any appeal to sysadmins, but it has some advantages (and some
10 drawbacks, as everything), and I like the improvements.
11 But this is not the place to discute this.
14 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/
15 Gentoo/ALT lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE