From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC pre-GLEP] Gentoo Git Workflow
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2017 13:23:17
1 On wto, 2017-07-25 at 08:26 -0400, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 > On 07/25/2017 07:52 AM, Michał Górny wrote:
3 > >
4 > > I have no clue what you mean. I'm just saying that if you push 10
5 > > changes in 10 commits, you don't have to go straight to -r10 in a
6 > > single push.
9 > Exactly. Do that instead of hoping that no one checks out your
10 > intermediate commits. There's no limit to the number of revisions we can
11 > have, and trying to keep track of when it's safe to push in your head is
12 > asking for trouble.
15 How is that relevant? Revision bumps are merely a tool to encourage
16 'automatic' rebuilds of packages during @world upgrade. I can't think of
17 a single use case where somebody would actually think it sane to
18 checkout one commit after another, and run @world upgrade in the middle
19 of it.
22 Best regards,
23 Michał Górny