From: "Hanno Böck" <hanno@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Qt3 deprecation
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 07:30:20
1 While I fully understand that people want to deprecate "old cruft", I assume
2 this is far too early. (just think back how long it took us to deprecate
3 gtk+-1)
4
5 I'm still on kde 3 and my previous three attemps to switch to kde 4 all ended
6 up in the conclusion that kde 4 is far from being stable yet. It has tons of
7 regressions.
8
9 The amount of qt3 apps not having a sane or just no qt4 port yet is probably
10 enormous. I also maintain such packages.
13 Though we don't know what the situation is in 6 months, I'd assume that
14 there's no chance we can consider qt3 fully deprecated then.
17 Hanno Böck Blog: http://www.hboeck.de/
18 GPG: 3DBD3B20 Jabber/Mail: hanno@××××××.de
19
20 http://schokokeks.org - professional webhosting