From: Lucas Ramage <ramage.lucas94@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] sys-boot/plymouth needs major fixes/maintainer
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 13:46:35
1 I am not yet an official developer but I am interested in assisting in
2 maintaining this.
3
4 On Wed, Jul 26, 2017, 6:04 AM Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o> wrote:
5
6 > Ühel kenal päeval, K, 26.07.2017 kell 11:56, kirjutas Pacho Ramos:
7 > > sys-boot/plymouth is orphan for a long time. Its old 0.8.x versions
8 > > where having
9 > > important bugs that were fixed in 0.9.x, but 0.9 is also plenty of
10 > > issues. Then,
11 > > either this is adopted by someone able to handle all that issues or
12 > > we will need
13 > > to finally treeclean (and drop its support for dependant packages)
14 >
15 > I wasn't aware it had issues or lacked a maintainer.
16 >
17 > I hope this call will find a dedicated maintainer; if not, I will pick
18 > this up later. But I do hope it finds someone else, as my plates are
19 > rather full.
20 >
21 > I don't use it yet because then I wouldn't be able to test fixes or
22 > write fixes to bug 613222 as plymouth would workaround this. After that
23 > bug is fixed, I plan to use plymouth together with dracut+disk
24 > encryption, etc.
25 >
26 > So if no-one steps up in the meantime, please don't remove the work
27 > already there (I also know people that use it successfully as-is). But
28 > I hope someone else does step up, please!
31 > Mart