From: Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] sys-boot/plymouth needs major fixes/maintainer
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 10:03:53
1 Ühel kenal päeval, K, 26.07.2017 kell 11:56, kirjutas Pacho Ramos:
2 > sys-boot/plymouth is orphan for a long time. Its old 0.8.x versions
3 > where having
4 > important bugs that were fixed in 0.9.x, but 0.9 is also plenty of
5 > issues. Then,
6 > either this is adopted by someone able to handle all that issues or
7 > we will need
8 > to finally treeclean (and drop its support for dependant packages)
9
10 I wasn't aware it had issues or lacked a maintainer.
11
12 I hope this call will find a dedicated maintainer; if not, I will pick
13 this up later. But I do hope it finds someone else, as my plates are
14 rather full.
15
16 I don't use it yet because then I wouldn't be able to test fixes or
17 write fixes to bug 613222 as plymouth would workaround this. After that
18 bug is fixed, I plan to use plymouth together with dracut+disk
19 encryption, etc.
20
21 So if no-one steps up in the meantime, please don't remove the work
22 already there (I also know people that use it successfully as-is). But
23 I hope someone else does step up, please!
26 Mart