From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] eselect init
Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 12:14:03
1 Isn't eselect for cases where I might want to reconfigure something or
2 add configuration values such as for bash-completion, do testing with
3 java-vm or python implementations during development, switch opengl
4 implementation depending on the graphics driver loaded and whatnot.
5
6 I don't see any of this applying to init system, nor do I see a reason
7 to randomly switch between those. It's rather something to configure
8 during installation, so I'd rather expect proper documentation.
9
10 But I am not opposing, I just find it weird.