From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Secure Gentoo - What do you think?
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 12:47:54
1 On Thu, 2002-01-10 at 10:09, Joachim Blaabjerg wrote:
2 > Hi again,
3 >
4 > Another thought; if we use a USE variable, I guess I could just make patches for
5 > the programs (Makefiles etc.), and we could have a
6 >
7 > use secure && patch -p0 < ${FILESDIR}/${P}-secure.diff
8 >
9 > in the .ebuild files of the programs in my system profile. I don't think I need
10 > to change anything else in the .ebuild, as I can just use the program's
11 > installation routines to install the needed LIDS ACLs, change permissions, etc.
12 >
13 > What do you think?
14
15 Yes, something like this would be fine. "We have the technology," as
16 they say :)
19 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
20 Chief Architect/President http://www.gentoo.org
21 Gentoo Technologies, Inc.