From: Jerry A! <jerry@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] MOSIX and kernel 2.4.6
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 08:02:36
1 On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 09:32:34AM -0400, Sean Mitchell wrote:
2 :
3 : Aha! Thanks Jerry... all the posts I saw on the subject (including one by
4 : Alan Cox) suggested starting with a clean tree which did work me (no deps at
5 : that point). I think your suggestion was in fact my problem. At any rate it
6 : was suggested that the makefiles in recent kernels are somehow broken. Not
7 : sure if this is actually the case, but....
8
9 The makefiles aren't broken, just the people that use them. 8) Most of
10 the people that I've seen have this issue aren't used to constantly
11 changing kernels. They're used to having 2.2.1x on their tree and never
12 needing to do a "make dep" after their initial configuration.
13
14 Alas, we're living in a world where we're getting a kernel rev per week,
15 so this stuff gonna happen more and more often.
16
17 --Jerry
18
19 name: Jerry Alexandratos || Open-Source software isn't a
20 phone: 703.599.6023 || matter of life or death...
21 email: jerry@×××××××.org || ...It's much more important
22 || than that!