From: Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Only you can prevent broken portage trees
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 15:23:18
1 On Tuesday 31 October 2006 14:46, Steve Dibb wrote:
2 > That does bring up an interesting question though -- at what point do you
3 > just ignore the arch and move on so that development can continue?
4
5 I just ignore the arches these days. After all, they ignore me. dhcp clients
6 where modified to be independant of baselayout and arches had stable bugs for
7 these.
8
9 baselayout-1.12 then went stable even though the required dhcp clients for the
10 more obscure arches did not. As of right now, baselayout-1.12 is stable on
11 arm, but udhcpc will not work on it unless they use unstable udhcpc.
12
13 Another example - kbd-1.12-r8 has a patch to fix loading unimaps, which a user
14 submitted patch for console font needs. I've just filed a stable request for
15 it even though r7 has got an outstanding stable bug for almost 2 months.
16
17 How long should I wait before I wang a fixed consoelfont script into
18 baselayout that relies on this?
19
20 With all the of the above considered, imagine the irony of me filing a stable
21 bug for kbd-1.12-r8 and someone stabling it on sparc :P
24 Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o>
25 Gentoo Developer (baselayout, networking)
26 --
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list