From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] bug reports & impressions on first gentoo install
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 00:33:35
1 mån 2002-01-14 klockan 22.11 skrev Grant Goodyear:
2
3 > > d) Code listing 29: what is recommended - compiling network driver as
4 > > module or not? This could be dealt w/ in the section on compiling the
5 > > kernel, and could therefore be potentially made redundant
6 >
7 > We don't make a recommendation; it depends on the needs/desires of
8 > the users.
9
10 Well, we could state what we recommend for different usages. This way
11 users will not have to try to find that information out themselfs (in
12 case they are new to installing this kind of distribution). People that
13 have just run Red Hat or similar distributions might never have compiled
14 a kernel themselfs and doesn't know that most stuff in Red Hat stock
15 kernel is compiled as modules.
16
17 Regards,
18 Mikael Hallendal
21 Mikael Hallendal
22 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Leader
23 CodeFactory AB, Stockholm, Sweden