From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-dev@l.g.o" <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Server hardaware give away (misc archs)
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2017 17:39:52
1 On Wednesday, September 6, 2017, R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Wednesday, September 6, 2017, Brendan Horan <brendan@×××××.hk> wrote:
3 >> Hi R0b0t1,
4 >>
5 >> Sounds good to me.
6 >> Shipping a 30kg+ system by it self will not be cheep.
7 >> This is originally why I had the idea to ship all the systems together.
10 > I thought so. Shipping will still be cheaper than a used unit from
11 someone else, so thank you.
14 Sorry, still a tad excited and I forgot to finish again.
15
16 If you want to ship all the servers at once I might be able to find homes
17 for them stateside, but it looks like other people are already interested.
18 Also my budget isn't gigantic and that much weight that far is likely to be
19 expensive.
20
21 >> Specs are :
22 >>
23 http://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/ShowDoc.wss?docURL=/common/ssi/rep_sm/1/872/ENUS8203-_h01/index.html&lang=en&request_locale=en
24 >>
25 >> Sorry its a single 4-core CPU.
28 > That is fine. I did not expect to come into a 40+ core POWER server any
29 time soon. The cheaper servers are about as rare as the expensive ones.
30 >
31 >> Lets talk about shipping options, I am open to suggestions and ideas.
34 > If you do not mind I am moving to a private message to discuss this. In
35 short, time is not too important so the cheapest of the carriers available
36 to you would work.
37 >
38 > I should be able to buy postage and transmit it to you if you have a box
39 and scale ready.
40 >
41 >> Thanks
42 >> Brendan (irc : undersys)