From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-dev@l.g.o" <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Server hardaware give away (misc archs)
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2017 17:29:02
1 On Wednesday, September 6, 2017, Brendan Horan <brendan@×××××.hk> wrote:
2 > Hi R0b0t1,
3 >
4 > Sounds good to me.
5 > Shipping a 30kg+ system by it self will not be cheep.
6 > This is originally why I had the idea to ship all the systems together.
9 I thought so. Shipping will still be cheaper than a used unit from someone
10 else, so thank you.
11
12 > Specs are :
13 >
14 http://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/ShowDoc.wss?docURL=/common/ssi/rep_sm/1/872/ENUS8203-_h01/index.html&lang=en&request_locale=en
15 >
16 > Sorry its a single 4-core CPU.
19 That is fine. I did not expect to come into a 40+ core POWER server any
20 time soon. The cheaper servers are about as rare as the expensive ones.
21
22 > Lets talk about shipping options, I am open to suggestions and ideas.
25 If you do not mind I am moving to a private message to discuss this. In
26 short, time is not too important so the cheapest of the carriers available
27 to you would work.
28
29 I should be able to buy postage and transmit it to you if you have a box
30 and scale ready.
31
32 > Thanks
33 > Brendan (irc : undersys)