From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: EAPI spec (was Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: let's clear things up (was Slacker archs))
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 22:00:51
1 On Tue, 2007-02-20 at 18:29 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > | The question was specifically in regards to timelines; completion so
3 > | that ongoing paludis vs pkgcore vs portage crap can be put to rest.
4 >
5 > *shrug* I don't see PMS as being viable until there's a fully
6 > conformant independent implementation, personally. So that more or
7 > less means that for me, PMS will become a priority at around the same
8 > time that Paludis 1.0_pre is released.
9
10 Are you really saying that you won't be releasing this information until
11 such time as *Paludis* meets it, even though portage/pkgcore may not?
12 Isn't the *point* of this spec to try to bring everyone on the same
13 page?
16 Chris Gianelloni
17 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
18 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
19 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
20 Gentoo Foundation