From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: EAPI spec (was Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: let's clear things up (was Slacker archs))
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 18:35:54
1 On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 10:22:14 -0800 Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>
2 wrote:
3 | Perhaps not all of the council; distinctly recall diego pushing about
4 | it though. Quick look through council logs, robbat2 was asking about
5 | timeline also (jan. meeting specifically).
6
7 You've gotta ask *why* certain people are so keen on pushing it
8 through... Perhaps if they explained why they needed it in such a hurry
9 we would prioritise it differently.
10
11 | > Several council member have access to it - including me - and
12 | > are quite confident about what is already done.
13 |
14 | The question was specifically in regards to timelines; completion so
15 | that ongoing paludis vs pkgcore vs portage crap can be put to rest.
16
17 *shrug* I don't see PMS as being viable until there's a fully
18 conformant independent implementation, personally. So that more or
19 less means that for me, PMS will become a priority at around the same
20 time that Paludis 1.0_pre is released.
23 Ciaran McCreesh
24 Mail : ciaranm at ciaranm.org
25 Web : http://ciaranm.org/
26 Paludis, the secure package manager : http://paludis.pioto.org/