From: foser <foser@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Please use land-misc herd where appropriate! No no-herd madness!!!
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 14:53:14
1 On Sat, 2004-10-09 at 14:56 +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 15:33:19 +0200 foser <foser@g.o> wrote:
3 > | Every package is in some form a subset of a category of packages
4 >
5 > Not really, hence why solar's suggestion (which is just a formalisation
6 > of what we're doing anyway) is such a good idea.
7
8 Well, this gets to be a yes/no thread. But I personally do not believe
9 there are packages that cannot be categorized in meaningful way on some
10 common denominator with other packages (read : herd). Granted, a herd
11 may not exist yet, but thats something else.
12
13 - foser