From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Massive package.mask cleanup
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 19:34:46
1 Jakub Moc wrote:
2 > David Shakaryan napsal(a):
3 >> Alec Warner wrote:
4 >>> Jakub Moc wrote:
5 >>>> Ciaran McCreesh napsal(a):
6 >>>>> So what happens when users have an old, masked package installed that's
7 >>>>> no longer masked thanks to this change?
8 >>>> Err, exactly nothing? If they didn't unmerge it, they'll continue to
9 >>>> have it installed as they did before?
10 >>>>
11 >>> For things like security packages; it is troublesome.
12 >>>
13 >>> 1.x has a sec vuln but 2.x fixes it; upstream isn't willing to backport
14 >>> and both stay in the tree. So we mask 1.x for sec reasons.
15 >> It seems like you didn't understand exactly what I did. The masks I
16 >> removed are *ONLY* those which are masking a package or version that is
17 >> no longer in the tree.
18 >
19 > I also fail to see the problem. I checked and none of the "unmasked"
20 > versions/ebuilds is actually in the tree. Where's the security issue
21 > here? Do we need a dumspace for non-existant stuff in package.mask?
25 It's good, chill ;)
26 --
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list