From: Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Massive package.mask cleanup
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 19:14:07
1 David Shakaryan napsal(a):
2 > Alec Warner wrote:
3 >> Jakub Moc wrote:
4 >>> Ciaran McCreesh napsal(a):
5 >>>> So what happens when users have an old, masked package installed that's
6 >>>> no longer masked thanks to this change?
7 >>> Err, exactly nothing? If they didn't unmerge it, they'll continue to
8 >>> have it installed as they did before?
9 >>>
10 >> For things like security packages; it is troublesome.
11 >>
12 >> 1.x has a sec vuln but 2.x fixes it; upstream isn't willing to backport
13 >> and both stay in the tree. So we mask 1.x for sec reasons.
14 >
15 > It seems like you didn't understand exactly what I did. The masks I
16 > removed are *ONLY* those which are masking a package or version that is
17 > no longer in the tree.
18
19 I also fail to see the problem. I checked and none of the "unmasked"
20 versions/ebuilds is actually in the tree. Where's the security issue
21 here? Do we need a dumspace for non-existant stuff in package.mask?
25 Best regards,
26
27 Jakub Moc
28 mailto:jakub@g.o
29 GPG signature:
30 http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xCEBA3D9E
31 Primary key fingerprint: D2D7 933C 9BA1 C95B 2C95 B30F 8717 D5FD CEBA 3D9E
32
33 ... still no signature ;)