From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Proposal of accepting arguments to `default` in src_install (and more?) phases in EAPI=5 (for the next council meeting?)
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 16:54:12

- Package is using autotools.
- The default phase like below works for the package:

src_install() {
emake DESTDIR="${D}" install
dodoc README

So when writing a new ebuild you would only add:

And be done with it. Then the next version of the package needs extra
argument passed to emake install, for example:

src_install() {
emake DESTDIR="${D}" init_d_path="/usr/share/doc/${PF}/examples" install
dodoc README

So you are /forced/ to write entire src_install() while you only want to
append one argument to emake install.

The current workaround for this is to use EXTRA_EMAKE from ebuild, but I
find this rather ugly (if not even forbidden by some PMS magic?)

Can we make econf in src_configure, emake in src_compile, and emake
install in src_install accept arguments "$@" in EAPI=5, please?

Relavent bug is

- Samuli