From: Ian Holsman <lists@×××××××.net>
To: "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@×××××.net>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Apache 2
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 22:02:51
1 Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
2 > Is there progress being made on Apache2? It seems that that ebuild is
3 > horribly broken (and masked). I noticed it is putting binaries into
4 > /usr/local rather than /usr. I am beginning to hack on it, but I have also
5 > noticed that other ebuilds, such as mod_php will not play well with an
6 > Apache 2 installation.
7 >
8 when I last looked at the apache2 ebuild it was way out of date (2.0.28)
9 as is the SVN build.
10 by the sounds of it apache is using it's standard layout.
11 I was thinking that the 'opt' layout would be preferable
12 (binaries in /opt/apache config in /etc/httpd/ html files in
13 /usr/share/httpd)
14
15 > I wonder if we might add apache2 to USE in /etc/make.conf? Can we start
16 > making these ebuilds friendly between versions of Apache (i.e. the
17 > aforementioned mod_php)? When can this be added to the portage tree and
18 > unmasked?
19 >
20 > I am asking this because many of the java development platforms I want
21 > really will work better with Apache 2 (i.e. mod_jk2, mod_webapp).
22 >
23 > Thanks in advance,
24 >
25 > Tom Veldhouse