From: Alexander Gretencord <arutha@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Binary packages and i18n
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 06:27:59
1 On Saturday 18 May 2002 12:35, Meir Kriheli wrote:
2 > 1. I need to distribute precompiled binaries, can this be accomplished (via
3 > tbz2 ?)
4
5 Use --buildpkg which builds a binary package and use --usepkg when merging to
6 use that package (they are put into /usr/portage/packages/All)
7
8 > 2. Can ebuilds be described in more than 1 language ? If not, how to
9 > accomplish this (at least 2 languages, more preffered)?
10
11 The description is just one var in the ebuild. But how about implementing all
12 that i18n in portage (or portage2) in gentoo so we can all benefit ?
13
14 Alex
17 "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
18 deserve neither liberty nor safety."
19 Benjamin Franklin