From: "Jan Kundrát" <jkt@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: GLEP 42 (news) Round Seven
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 17:05:44
1 Duncan wrote:
2 > My thinking too, until I saw the portage dev (JStubbs?) mention it wasn't
3 > needed.
4 >
5 > I believe the thinking is that emerge --ask is basically emerge --pretend
6 > with an opportunity to continue stuck on the end, thus eliminating running
7 > the same command only without the --pretend again, therefore eliminating
8 > running portage's dep calculation step twice, once for the pretend, then
9 > again for the run.
10
11 Okay, but I'd say that Portage internals like if the the same code gets
12 used by --ask and --pretend are not relevant for this GLEP. Why don't
13 add a note specifying the correct behavior?
14
15 Cheers,
16 -jkt
19 cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth