From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Resignation
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 04:59:25
1 Dan Meltzer wrote:
2 >> >
3 >> Man first you devs think it's your god-given right to behave nastily to
4 >> any usr, then you get all sensitive about Jakub on bugzilla. That is
5 >> lame, imo. Maybe there should be something about requiring a thick skin
6 >> to be a dev, since you so clearly require it of usrs.
7 >
8 > Please do some research before spouting off. Watch the bug-wranglers@
9 > alias for a few weeks (its too late now) to see that jakub tended to
10 > yell and scream and make a bigger mess than he resolved a lot of the
11 > time when it came to bug wrangling.
12
13 That's your opinion, which you're perfectly entitled to express. Others
14 clearly disagree, so there isn't consensus by any stretch of the
15 imagination. Mine is that the issues he raised should have been dealt with
16 so that he didn't need to shout, and more importantly that QA was improved.
17 Which was why he was shouting.
18
19 And I'm not spouting off: if you expect us to deal with rude devs, they
20 should at least be able to accept criticism from the best bug-wrangler you
21 guys have. If it means someone needs to translate occasionally, so what?
22 spanky did that pretty well in the cases where I needed help.
25 >> The classic answer was always "We watch each other," but that's clearly
26 >> not working if you are left out of a discussion regarding yourself for 9
27 >> months.
28 >>
29 Devrel==HR/Personnel imo.
30
31 The real point is that bug-wranglers has lost over 50% of it's
32 effectiveness, again imo. jakub and spanky are the two main guys, and it's
33 not just the loss of jakub's prodigious work-rate, which kept a lot bugs
34 from even reaching devs, but the loss of his influence on QA which is a
35 complete disaster for gentoo.
39 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list