From: Dan Meltzer <parallelgrapefruit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Resignation
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 13:53:41
1 On 4/17/07, Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 > Jakub Moc wrote:
3 >
4 > > So.... Since devrel has been so kind and suspended me, based on our
5 > > brand new CoC, I don't feel any need to stay on this project any more.
6 > > I'm therefore resigning from this project.
7 > >
8 > OMG NO! Please reconsider.
9 >
10 > > I'm pretty sure it will be actually no loss for Gentoo, since those
11 > > folks that contributed to my retirement far outweigh the benefit I
12 > > could ever possibly be to this project. This can be clearly evidenced
13 > > by their long-lasting good record as in [1] and [2] and [3]. In
14 > > devrel's own words, one needs to "respect the wishes of maintainers".
15 > >
16 > Man first you devs think it's your god-given right to behave nastily to any
17 > usr, then you get all sensitive about Jakub on bugzilla. That is lame, imo.
18 > Maybe there should be something about requiring a thick skin to be a dev,
19 > since you so clearly require it of usrs.
20
21 Please do some research before spouting off. Watch the bug-wranglers@
22 alias for a few weeks (its too late now) to see that jakub tended to
23 yell and scream and make a bigger mess than he resolved a lot of the
24 time when it came to bug wrangling.
27 > > Finally, my thanks go to devrel and especially our devrel lead, for
28 > > the professional, unbiased etc. conduct they've presented on my
29 > > devrel bug [5] (sorry, ask your friendly devrel member to unrestrict
30 > > if you can't read it, after all I can't access it either), as well as
31 > > before. I indeed entirely failed when I removed myself from the
32 > > "discussion about possible misbehaviour on [my] side". I'm pretty sure
33 > > the fact that noone CCed me there in the first place for about 9
34 > > months was just an unfortunate oversight of our fully professional
35 > > devrel.
36 > >
37 > So who watches the watchmen? IOW who does one take a complaint about devrel
38 > to, and will there be any action?
39 >
40 > The classic answer was always "We watch each other," but that's clearly not
41 > working if you are left out of a discussion regarding yourself for 9
42 > months.
43 >
44 > /me eyes sourceMage in desperation.
47 > --
48 > gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list
52 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list