From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Resignation
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 12:42:40
1 Jakub Moc wrote:
2
3 > So.... Since devrel has been so kind and suspended me, based on our
4 > brand new CoC, I don't feel any need to stay on this project any more.
5 > I'm therefore resigning from this project.
6 >
7 OMG NO! Please reconsider.
8
9 > I'm pretty sure it will be actually no loss for Gentoo, since those
10 > folks that contributed to my retirement far outweigh the benefit I
11 > could ever possibly be to this project. This can be clearly evidenced
12 > by their long-lasting good record as in [1] and [2] and [3]. In
13 > devrel's own words, one needs to "respect the wishes of maintainers".
14 >
15 Man first you devs think it's your god-given right to behave nastily to any
16 usr, then you get all sensitive about Jakub on bugzilla. That is lame, imo.
17 Maybe there should be something about requiring a thick skin to be a dev,
18 since you so clearly require it of usrs.
21 > Finally, my thanks go to devrel and especially our devrel lead, for
22 > the professional, unbiased etc. conduct they've presented on my
23 > devrel bug [5] (sorry, ask your friendly devrel member to unrestrict
24 > if you can't read it, after all I can't access it either), as well as
25 > before. I indeed entirely failed when I removed myself from the
26 > "discussion about possible misbehaviour on [my] side". I'm pretty sure
27 > the fact that noone CCed me there in the first place for about 9
28 > months was just an unfortunate oversight of our fully professional
29 > devrel.
30 >
31 So who watches the watchmen? IOW who does one take a complaint about devrel
32 to, and will there be any action?
33
34 The classic answer was always "We watch each other," but that's clearly not
35 working if you are left out of a discussion regarding yourself for 9
36 months.
37
38 /me eyes sourceMage in desperation.
42 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list