From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] $Header:$ and ebuilds
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 11:45:00
1 On Sat, Apr 21, 2007 at 08:47:54AM +0100, Kevin F. Quinn wrote:
2 > I do the same. The '$Header: $' tells me which version of a file in the
3 > CVS tree I last synced to in my overlay, then I can just do a cvs diff
4 > on the tree to get a patch of differences since then. Very useful.
5
6 FWIW, I've used the $Header $ to determine if a person is looking at the latest
7 greatest or needs to synch up first (in particular when I was dealing with an
8 eclass bug). Very useful when dealing with bugs and you need to confirm that the
9 user is completely synch'd up and looking at a current tree or not (because just
10 asking when the last time they synch'd doesn't help).
11
12 ~mcummings
18 Michael Cummings | #gentoo-dev, #gentoo-perl
19 Gentoo Perl Dev | on irc.freenode.net
20 Gentoo/SPARC
21 Gentoo/AMD64
22 GPG: 0543 6FA3 5F82 3A76 3BF7 8323 AB5C ED4E 9E7F 4E2E
24
25 Hi, I'm a .signature virus! Please copy me in your ~/.signature.