From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Reducing the size of the system package set
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 23:38:25
1 Mike Frysinger kirjoitti:
2 >
3 > i'd argue pretty vehemently against removing openssh from any default official
4 > Gentoo install. ssh is defacto standard for loginning into any other
5 > machines. it should be on all Gentoo desktops/severs/etc...
6 > specialized/embedded/whatever are certainly free to cull openssh (and doing
7 > so is actually beyond trivial). whether we express this requirement in base/
8 > or frags or something is certainly open for discussion, but i believe
9 > removing it from a stage3 in any of our standard releases is a huge
10 > disservice to everyone.
11 > -mike
12
13 I wouldn't say ssh is any more important than a dhcp client.
14
15 Regards,
16 Petteri