From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] QA question wrg. GRP
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 19:58:09
1 On Thursday 05 February 2004 20:53, Spider wrote:
2 > Could work, but isn't this a clumsier version of :
3 > track ldd of foopack.
4 > resolve all .so files
5 > store both lists, and if the .so aren't there, spit out the "last seen
6 > as "<package>" as a hint and refuse to install?
7
8 This would work at packaging time, not at install time. Basically what we need
9 is to identify incompatible library changes (besides never installing with an
10 older version than build with) some way. We could use a LIBVER variable for
11 that. It would be similar in function as SLOT, but it would not say anything
12 about ability to coexist. It just says something about library conflicts.
13
14 > (still dirty.. but better than what RPM does ;)
15
16 Binary packages are dirty ;-) Anyone some idea what debian does to this
17 respect?
18
19 Paul
22 Paul de Vrieze