From: Joshua Pollak <pardsbane@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Sandbox suggestion
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 10:22:48
1 On Tuesday 11 December 2001 4:05, you wrote:
2 > Because then any script that refers to /bin/bash during the installation
3 > process uses the static bash, while the purpose is this the dynamic bash
4 > is used. Of course all the scripts could be patched, but then the use of
5 > the sandbox gets quite a bit devaluated.
6
7 Fair enough.
10 > Joshua Pollak wrote:
11 > >Hi,
12 > >
13 > >Just wondering, but I had a suggestion for the dynamic bash ebuild: Rather
14 > >than replacing the static bash and moving the static bash to /bin/sbash
15 > >(shouldn't that be /sbin/sbash?) anyway, why not just install the new
16 > > shell to /bin/dyn-bash or dbash or something, and make the sandbox
17 > > scripts call everything via that shell?
18 > >
19 > >I'm not sure if that's technically possible or not, but it seemed like it
20 > >would make a lot of things simpler, and reduce the risk of sysadmins
21 > > messing something up.
23 > >gentoo-dev mailing list
24 > >gentoo-dev@g.o
28 > gentoo-dev mailing list