From: Geert Bevin <gbevin@×××××××.be>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Sandbox suggestion
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 03:11:13
1 Because then any script that refers to /bin/bash during the installation
2 process uses the static bash, while the purpose is this the dynamic bash
3 is used. Of course all the scripts could be patched, but then the use of
4 the sandbox gets quite a bit devaluated.
5
6 Joshua Pollak wrote:
7
8 >Hi,
9 >
10 >Just wondering, but I had a suggestion for the dynamic bash ebuild: Rather
11 >than replacing the static bash and moving the static bash to /bin/sbash
12 >(shouldn't that be /sbin/sbash?) anyway, why not just install the new shell
13 >to /bin/dyn-bash or dbash or something, and make the sandbox scripts call
14 >everything via that shell?
15 >
16 >I'm not sure if that's technically possible or not, but it seemed like it
17 >would make a lot of things simpler, and reduce the risk of sysadmins messing
18 >something up.
20 >gentoo-dev mailing list
21 >gentoo-dev@g.o