From: Henrik Treadup <hetr9922@××××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Spam (was Re: Hey SEXY)
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 19:12:33
1 I don't like the idea of closing this list. If you close it you will still
2 have problems with spam in the open lists; user, newbie etc. A better way of
3 doing things would be to filter out the spam completley on all the lists.
4
5 There was an interesting thread about Bayesian spam filtering on slashdot
6 http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/09/17/1746248&mode=thread&tid=111
7 a while ago discussing Paul Grahams essay A Plan for Spam
8 http://www.paulgraham.com/spam.html
9
10 The statistical approach described there would have filtered out all spam I
11 have seen on this list so far. (How many non spam email contain the words
12 'dear' and 'madam' ?)
13
14 You might wan't to check out ESR's implementation
15 http://bogofilter.sourceforge.net
16
17 Keep up the good work
18 /Henrik Treadup
19 hetr9922@××××××××××.se
20
21 PS. The logical name for the distribution is Gnutoo Linux ;)