From: Alan <alan@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Spam (was Re: Hey SEXY)
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 19:17:54
1 On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 02:12:31AM +0200, Henrik Treadup wrote:
2 > I don't like the idea of closing this list. If you close it you will still
3 > have problems with spam in the open lists; user, newbie etc. A better way
4 > of doing things would be to filter out the spam completley on all the
5 > lists.
6 > There was an interesting thread about Bayesian spam filtering on slashdot
7 > http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/09/17/1746248&mode=thread&tid=111
8 > a while ago discussing Paul Grahams essay A Plan for Spam
9 > http://www.paulgraham.com/spam.html
10 >
11 > The statistical approach described there would have filtered out all spam
12 > I have seen on this list so far. (How many non spam email contain the words
13 > 'dear' and 'madam' ?)
14 >
15 > You might wan't to check out ESR's implementation
16 > http://bogofilter.sourceforge.net
17
18 Or filter the list through spamassassin before it goes out to mailman (or
19 something like that).
20
21 alan
24 Alan "Arcterex" <alan@×××××.org> -=][=- http://arcterex.net
25 "I used to herd dairy cows. Now I herd lusers. Apart from the isolation, I
26 think I preferred the cows. They were better conversation, easier to milk, and
27 if they annoyed me enough, I could shoot them and eat them." -Rodger Donaldson