From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: some old X11 packages
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2019 19:15:23
1 On Sun, Mar 3, 2019 at 1:09 AM Joshua Kinard <kumba@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 3/2/2019 13:46, Matt Turner wrote:
4 > > # Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o> (02 Mar 2019)
5 > > # Old, unused drivers.
6 > > # Masked for removal in 30 days. Bug #679256
7 >
8 > > x11-drivers/xf86-video-newport
9 >
10 > This is for the SGI Indy's newport graphics board. Does it not build with
11 > modern Xorg or anything, or not maintained upstream? My Indy is dead due to
12 > a bad RTC, so I can't test it for the foreseeable future.
13
14 Yes, it no longer builds and it requires packed 24-bit color support
15 which has been removed from the xserver.
16
17 We would have to package an old xserver for -newport to be useful
18 (which is something I'd be interested to do with sufficient time).