From: David Seifert <soap@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] KEYWORDREQ and STABLEREQ keywords
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2020 13:04:19
1 On Sat, 2020-04-11 at 12:53 -0400, Mike Gilbert wrote:
2 > On Sat, Apr 11, 2020 at 12:28 PM Thomas Deutschmann <whissi@g.o> wrote:
3 > > On 2020-04-11 17:33, Michał Górny wrote:
4 > > > 1. We kill both keywords, and just rely on components, or
5 > > >
6 > > > 2. I make NATTkA automatically add KEYWORDREQ or STABLEREQ where
7 > > > appropriate.
8 > >
9 > > I think you cannot kill it.
10 > >
11 > > Yes, we have a component for stabilization/keywording, but we also do
12 > > stabilization from security bugs which don't have such a component and
13 > > some tools must be able to filter.
14 >
15 > Someone proposed that we change the security bug workflow to include a
16 > separate stable request bug, which would resolve this.
17 >
18 > That would also help in cases where we are stabilizing
19 > security-unsupported archs at the same time.
22 I agree, this sounds like the better solution, and separating concerns.