From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] openrc-0.8.1 stable candidate
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 16:44:10
1 On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 07:00:44 -0500
2 Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On 13:44 Wed 13 Apr , Marijn wrote:
5 > > I would be very interested in seeing some kind of list/review of
6 > > all the advantages of the new system. Idea for the Newsletter?
7 >
8 > We should certainly get a news item together, since this is a huge
9
10 Is that a news item or a newsletter item?
11
12 > deal for Gentoo. Although no doubt non-Gentoo people will start
13 > laughing at yet another "new" init system. =)
14
15 1) It's a couple of years old now. :)
16 2) Having used it all that time on some systems, I don't see that many
17 superficial changes, or for that matter, deviations from the old init
18 system. I would rather think baselayout-2/openrc simply extends and
19 improves on baselayout-1.
22 jer