From: Mikael Hallendal <hallski@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] system-logger
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 09:36:57
1 mån 2001-12-03 klockan 20.09 skrev Martin Schlemmer:
2
3 > > Personally I like sysklogd, as it is clean and easy to
4 > > configure (not overly complex) and should fullfill the
5 > > needs of most users. It is also fairly configured out of
6 > > the box, and comes with a simlple logrotate script.
7 > > Another point is that ours is configured to limit the
8 > > logging to console, so no 'unasked for' logs while busy
9 > > on irc, etc.
10 >
11 > Forgot to add: since it is used by most distro as default
12 > (as far as I know), it should be familiar to most.
13
14 I Agree with gbevin here, metalog is nice and easy to use.
15
16 I don't really agree with using sysklogd because it's the default in
17 other distributions. Those that will run the default (without caring)
18 have probably not spent too much time playing around with sysklogd in
19 there other distributions either.
20
21 And as said, this is the default (and imho, metalog configuration is
22 easier than sysklogd).
23
24 Regards,
25 Mikael Hallendal
29 Mikael Hallendal
30 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team Leader
31 CodeFactory AB, Stockholm, Sweden