From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] 2004.2 Feature Requests
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 07:47:06
1 Sven Vermeulen wrote:
2
3 > I'm sure the (non-x86 mostly) release coördinators will be able to give a
4 > better perspective on this. How's the pressure on you guys for releases?
5
6 Releasing has been interesting. It was a lot smoother on mips for
7 2004.1 than 2004.0 (even though all of mips 2004.1 is sitting in my dev
8 space right now until I give it some final touch ups and dump it to the
9 mirrors). I ran into some random glitches and obscure bugs in both
10 catalyst and chrooted userland during 2004.0 that were fixed for 2004.1
11 (i.e., make-3.80 will segfault on glibc-2.3.2 on an R5K Indy in chroot
12 only).
13
14 Hopefully 2004.2 will be even smoother. I was able to get the stages
15 done relatively quickly, but GRP took a little more cause it was the
16 first grp set I've generated, and it still needs work. In the case of
17 the cobalt-mips support, GRP gave me an xfree build for a system which
18 is completely headless. So I'm hoping by 2004.2, I'll be able to have a
19 smoother run through GRP and all.
22 --Kumba
26 "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world:
27 small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are
28 elsewhere." --Elrond
31 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list