From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] 2004.2 Feature Requests
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 07:25:34
1 On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 02:16:06AM -0400, Kumba wrote:
2 > Just out of curiosity, how many releases are we looking at pulling off
3 > for this year? My guess is that at the current rate (1 release every
4 > ~2.3 months), it's looking like the possibility of a 2004.5 being
5 > capable by early december.
6
7 Afaik the main intention was to keep it at 4 releases per year, although it
8 does look like we're going to have 5 or 6 if we keep the current pace.
9
10 Of course, if releasing is easy and not too stressful (i.e. just running
11 catalyst once in a while on boxes that would otherwise be idling) this is no
12 biggie :)
13
14 I'm sure the (non-x86 mostly) release coördinators will be able to give a
15 better perspective on this. How's the pressure on you guys for releases?
16
17 Wkr,
18 Sven Vermeulen
21 ^__^ And Larry saw that it was Good.