From: "Petteri Räty" <petteri.raty@××××××××××.fi>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: java@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] net-p2p needs more developers
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 08:13:28
1 Marcin Kryczek wrote:
2 > hi,
3 > currently i'm the only active developer in net-p2p herd, which is really
4 > uncomfortable for me (not mentioning about situation if i'll be away for
5 > few weeks). i need at least 2 developers (preferably with java knowledge,
6 > becouse i do not know java at all, but it's not obligate) for help with
7 > testing and maintaining stuff. we already have 76 application in net-p2p
8 > and only few of them are maintained by individual developers. we also have
9 > many requests for new packages, but i won't add anything into tree as far
10 > as i'm alone here.
11
12 I added myself to net-p2p to look after some java packages if I have the
13 time, but as Java is also understaffed... I will at least try to bring
14 net-p2p packages to adhere to our java policy. It would be great to
15 recruit a dev or two but I too am still too new to recruit any one.
16
17 Regards,
18 Petteri Räty