From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: lucass@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] December 15th Meeting Summary
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 18:43:16
1 On Mon, Dec 19, 2005 at 06:37:16PM +0100, Marius Mauch wrote:
2 > On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 22:47:21 -0500
3 > Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
4 > > there was a bit of hearsay about why the council was asked to
5 > > review/decide on this issue since we werent able to locate any
6 > > portage devs at the time of the meeting ...
7 >
8 > Well, it would help if the actual meeting date would be announced and
9 > not pushed back without notice ;)
10
11 we've taken steps with automating future announcements since this
12 months meeting was a bit under-publicized
13
14 > One thing solar has pointed out is that in countries with stupid laws
15 > pycrypto violates some patents so currently we cannot ship it in stages
16 > or binary packages (so I'm told, I'm neither a lawyer nor someone who
17 > is affected by such laws). This is probably something releng and the
18 > python herd have to deal with.
19
20 this shouldnt be too much of an issue
21
22 Lukasz: mind if i commit support for USE=bindist or you guys want a bug
23 to track it ?
24 -mike
25 --
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list